Australia, Melbourne April 14 2019: One man is died and another two is struggling for his life in hospital after a Shootout at Nightclub in Melbourne on Sunday, 14th April.
Police said four injured men were taken to hospital — two in a critical condition — after “multiple people were shot” outside the venue in the trendy inner-city suburb of Prahran early Sunday 14th April morning.
According to source, three of them were between 29 and 50 years old, other fourth yet to be determined.
A police spokeswoman said the shootout was not believed as a terrorist act. Investigators were probing links to motorcycle gangs, The Age newspaper in Melbourne reported.
The latest incident came after a spate of shootout in Melbourne in March that left five people dead in four separate incidents. Two of the incidents were believed to be gang-related.
Mass shootings are rare in Australia, which has strict firearms laws introduced in 1996 after 35 people were killed by a gunman in Port Arthur.
A murder-suicide last year which left seven members of a family dead in Western Australia was the country’s worst mass shooting since the Port Arthur attack.